Installation on RedHat AS - gdal version?

Mahalakshmi Narayanan mhln25 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Aug 7 03:54:58 EDT 2004

Hi!

We have been working on Windows-MapServer for some
time and created a few applications.  We are proposing
to conduct a OpenSource GIS workshop at Chennai for
our organization on which many of our colleagues from
other states would participate.

We are trying to install on Linux our application
Mapserver/php-mapscript compiles fine. But when I try
to do shp2img -m (mapfile), I get an error that says

ERROR 1: /usr/local/lib/gdal_alg.h: invalid ELF header
ERROR 1: /usr/local/lib/gdal_alg.h: invalid ELF header
ERROR 1: /usr/local/lib/gdal_frmts.h: invalid ELF
header
ERROR 1: /usr/local/lib/gdal_frmts.h: invalid ELF
header
ERROR 1: /usr/local/lib/gdal_priv.h: invalid ELF
header
ERROR 1: /usr/local/lib/gdal_priv.h: invalid ELF
header

I tried both gdal-1.1.8 and gdal-1.2.0. I need
PostgreSQL/PostGIS support also. So, my gdal was
configured with
LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ ./configure --with-grass --with-png
--with-libtiff=internal --with-geotiff=internal
--with-jpeg --with-pg --with-libz  --without-jasper

and mapserver -4.2.2 was configured with

./configure \
--with-curl=/usr/bin \
--without-tiff  \
--without-eppl  \
--with-jpeg  \
--with-threads  \
--with-proj  \
--with-gdal  \
--with-php=/usr/local/include/php/ \
--with-gd=/usr/local/lib  \
--with-freetype  \
--with-ogr  \
--with-ming  \
--with-wmsclient  \
--with-wfs  \
--with-wfsclient    \
--with-png  \
--with-postgis

Kindly give me some clues to sort this issue as we
have limited time to prepare for the workshop.

Thanks a lot in advance.

With regards,
Mahalakshmi Narayanan