Installation on RedHat AS - gdal version?

Mahalakshmi Narayanan mhln25 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 9 02:12:26 EDT 2004

Hi!

For PostgreSQL 7.4, PostGIS 0.8.0 and MapServer 4.2.2
what version of gdal should be used..

I am getting  the following error when I try to open a
PostGIS layer using MapServer 4.2.2 on my browser:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw
layer named 'tndistricts'.
msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): Query error. msPOSTGISLayerOpen
called but unimplemented! (mapserver not compiled with
postgis support)

Kindly help me get over this problem.  I tried digging
out the right version of gdal that should be used but
could not find.

Thanks in advance.

With regards,
Mahalakshmi Narayanan