Decoding Blob Object in Microsoft Access Database personal Geodatabase

Steve Lehr lehrs at ERAU.EDU
Tue Aug 10 13:06:27 EDT 2004

Anyone broken the decoding on the text object for ESRI Geodatabases?  I'd
like to support the programmer that wishes to tackle the job.

Here is a Sample of a Road Name table in the Geo database

OBJECTID        SHAPE   FeatureID       ZOrder  AnnotationClassID       Element SHAPE_Length
SHAPE_Area      ROADNAME_       ROADNAME_ID     ANNOTATIONCLASSI
1               0       0                       397.72200370989 5202.26409780489        1       1       0

The road name it self if a  labeled as a long binary object.  If you export
to a shape file, its all blank.  I need the label to have its elemental
information something like x_position, y_position, rotational angle, text.

Thoughts, successes?  I'm hoping not to have to buy map objects and prefer
using perl/php to decode it rather then going to visual basic with map
objects which would surely have the answer embedded in their.  If someone
needs to see a sample data set, I have it available.

Thanks

Steven Lehr
Assistant Professor
College of Engineering
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (LB159)
600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900
386-226-7740