Overlaying vectors on raster

Randy Page randy.page at TERRAVERGE.COM
Tue Aug 10 17:14:23 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I’m working with Tiger data in the standard old geographic non-projection,
and am attempting to overlay streets on top of aerials pulled in via WGS
from USGS.    The problem I am having is that the streets are WAY off in
every location I try.   I realize the Tiger data is not terribly accurate,
but I have seen others do a much better job of overlaying the data.   The
aerials I am requesting are in EPSG 4326 (which is I believe WGS84
geographic) while the Tiger data is in EPSG 4269 (which is I believe NAD83
geographic.)   I wouldn’t think the datum would make that much of a
difference.

The link below is to an example map that shows how far off the streets are:

http://viewer.terraverge.net/viewer_mi/maps/sample.jpg

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Randy