ArcINFO GRIDs

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at GRID.UNEP.CH
Wed Aug 11 02:51:24 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I am a bit lost on the subject of GRIDs and their use with Mapserver. I
read a message that it is possible - but with binaries (
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0404/msg00750.html
). But then, this is probably not the normal format. In short:

I have an ArcInfo GRID (Population density) which I would like to have
displayed, with a given color schema. As I tried - in vain - a couple of
transformations into TIFs and the like, I am now seeking help from the
experts. Can anyone describe how or if such a GRID can be used, and in
combination with a color schema?!

Thanks for any help,

Stefan

         Stefan Schwarzer