MIGRATING SHAPE IN MYSQL

Attila Csipa plists at PROMETHEUS.ORG.YU
Wed Aug 11 07:15:27 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 09:56, Alberto Cavalli wrote:
> I found this interesting way to work and I'd like to do this to menage a
> big amount of data. I've read the instruction on mapserver.wiki but I don't

The MyGIS extension as it is now does not use the spatial types so it is not
really fitted for large amounts of data... Since there has been a lot of
interest in converting the data and some people had problems making the perl
converter work I'll probably make some minor modifications to the shp2pgsql
program from the postgis project so it can generate mygis compatible tables
as well, that should be easier to use then the perl program and probably
easier to port to windows too.