Labels DO NOT appear on ms_newPointObj()?

Ishrar Hussain ishrarh at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 11 13:10:15 EDT 2004

I am using the code below to plot a dynamic point
using ms_newPointObj(). Though I have added the LABEL
object inside the CLASS object of the LAYER which
contains the point, the label does not appear at all.

Please go through the code, and let me know if it
needs any change for making the label appear. I'm also
not sure whether the parameter for the annotation
string in ms_newPointObj() will be the one holding the
LABEL of the point.

The code is as follows:

<?php
//....Part of my PHP Code

$oImage = $oMap->draw();

$myPoint = ms_newPointObj();
$myPoint->setXY(542800.6235, 626730.4673);
$myLayer = $oMap->getLayerByName("Points");

$myPoint->draw($oMap, $myLayer, $oImage, 0, "The LABEL
of This Point");

//....continues
?>

# Part of my Map File

  LAYER
    NAME "Points"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TYPE POINT
    UNITS METERS
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
#   LABELITEM "Labels" # <-- I'm not sure about
LABELITEM here
    LABELMINSCALE 1e+04
    LABELMAXSCALE 4300000
    TOLERANCE 0
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    CLASS
      NAME "Vehicle Class"
      LABEL
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        FONT "fritqat"
        SIZE 7
        MINSIZE 4
        MAXSIZE 256
        POSITION CC
        OFFSET 0 0
        ANGLE 0
        BUFFER 0
        MINDISTANCE -1
        MINFEATURESIZE -1
        COLOR 102 51 51
        OUTLINECOLOR 204 255 204
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        PARTIALS FALSE
        FORCE FALSE
      END #LABEL
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 2
        COLOR 171 60 219
        SIZE 10
        MINSIZE 1
        MAXSIZE 100
      END #STYLE
    END #CLASS
  END #LAYER

# -----

I hope this will be enough for you to understand the
problem. looking forward to your early response.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ishrar

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PHPMapScriptAddPoint).