I can't post from outlook yet!

Kari Geurts kgeurts at GIS.UMN.EDU
Wed Aug 11 15:08:23 EDT 2004

Hello MS-Users,

It seems that some of you are having problems posting from other hosts such
as Outlook. I contactd the computer services about this and below is the
responce I received. I believe that email is being blocked from some hosts
in order to limit spam. You can contact the Academic & Distributed
Computing Services directly if you have further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Kari A. Geurts

Department of Forest Resources
University of Minnesota
1530 Cleveland Ave N.
St. Paul, MN. 55108
Phone: 612-624-3459
Fax: 612-625-5212

----- Forwarded message from Jane Gehan -----

>From jkg at tc.umn.edu Tue Aug 10 13:31:34 2004
From: Jane Gehan <jkg at tc.umn.edu>
Subject: RE: MAPSERVER-USERS list (fwd)
To: nicol at nicol.info
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:31:27 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Jane Gehan <jkg at tc.umn.edu> (Jane K Gehan),
    hermann at gdv.com,
    mapserver at geoworld.de

I received email from Kari regarding the problem that you
are having with the mapServer-users listserv. First of all I
notice that your mail server has some problems that will
prevent you from sending any email to the UofM. You
should inform your network admin about this, and also tell
your syadmin that you are listed in MAPS. We use this database
to block incoming email. You also will have problems because
your DNS entry is not set up properly. I have included some
information about this.

Jane K. Gehan
Academic & Distributed Computing Services       E-mail: jkg at tc.umn.edu
Office of Information Technology                Phone: (612) 626-1810
University of Minnesota                         Fax: (612) 626-7593