Labels DO NOT appear on ms_newPointObj()?

Eric Bridger eric at GOMOOS.ORG
Thu Aug 12 20:07:44 EDT 2004

If $map->drawLabelCache() is returning an error you should check the mapserver error log.

You should not need a LABELITEM, you are providing the text. I would also try removing the LABELMAXSCALE, LABELMINSCALE items
and try setting FORCE TRUE in you LABEL.