OGR - wkbLineString?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Aug 13 15:26:48 EDT 2004

Van Ulden, Joost wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way that one could store coordinate pairs that represent arcs
> in a database and have mapserver draw them?  Using OGR?  Any suggestions
> would be helpful.

Joost,

There isn't currently any mechanism for this though it could be developed.
But my suggestion would be to convert the arcs into line string approximations
and then render those.

Amoung other mechanisms, I am sure this could be accomplished in mapscript.

It would also be possible to implement this capability within MapServer itself
if you really wanted it, but it seems like an unecessary complication to me.

Best regards,