mapserver 4.2.2 compile problem on redhat as3

Daryl Herzmann akrherz at IASTATE.EDU
Fri Aug 13 15:57:36 EDT 2004

Aaron,

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Aaron Steele wrote:

> i spoke too soon. : }
>
> the compile bailed out:
>
> -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq  -lcurl -L/usr/kerberos/lib -lssl -lcrypto
> -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lcom_err -lk5crypto -lresolv -ldl -lz
> -L/usr/kerberos/lib -lz -lssl -lcrypto -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5
> -lkrb5 -lcom_err -lk5crypto -lresolv -ldl -lz -lz    -lm -lstdc++  -o
> shp2img
> /usr/local/gdal-1.2.1/libgdal.la: file not recognized: File format not
> recognized
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [shp2img] Error 1

A couple of things here.  The gdal location looks very suspicous.  How did
you install GDAL?  Or did you just compile there and never do a make
install?  I am not sure you want to do it that way, but if you have a
reason....

Also, please include the entire compile command starting with the gcc.
Not everything, just the command for shp2img

HTH,
   daryl

--
/**