Couple of questions on MapScript and the Map File

Dylan Keon keon at NACSE.ORG
Fri Aug 13 16:08:55 EDT 2004

On 08/13/2004 12:48 PM, Huey Brantley wrote:
> 1) Is there a way to apply a rotation to the map with mapscript?  I have
> found references to a "ANGLE" member but I don't think mapscript
> supports it.

Not sure about this, but someone else will know.

> 2) Can you label using multiple fields from a data source?  I'd like to
> concatenate two or more fields to form the label.

Yes, using the TEXT parameter within the CLASS object.  Here's an
example that concatenates two fields from a dbf file:

TEXT ([ID] - [NAME])

See http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc42/mapfile-reference.html

--Dylan