Set Point At A Location

Pagurek, Debbie PAGUREKD at AGR.GC.CA
Tue Aug 17 12:56:08 EDT 2004

I think you have your x and y backwards.
Try:
$pointx = 0.1167;
$pointy = 53.5;

D. Pagurek

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Uri H
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 12:23 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Set Point At A Location

Hi There,

I'm using PHP MapScript with MapServer v4.3 (details below), and I am
trying
to set a symbol at a specific coordinate, but instead of setting the
symbol
on the coordinate, it appears at the designated image pixel offset.

For example - I have a world map, and I'm trying to set a symbol on
London
(LAT=53 30' LONG=0 07'),

My code looks like the following:

$pointx = 53.5;
$pointy = 0.1167;

$point = ms_newPointObj();
$point->setXY($pointx,$pointy);
(and then attaching it to a line -> shape -> layer..)

The problem is that the point doesn't appear in London, but on the image
at
the pixel location if [0,53].

How can I set the point on a specific lat/long?

Thanks Ahead!
- HU