ImageType / OutputFormat

TC Haddad tchaddad at CSHORE.COM
Tue Aug 17 13:56:23 EDT 2004

I'm experimenting with some of the ImageType / OutputFormat options that
are available now that our project is migrating to MS 4.2 (from 3.6), and I
am wondering if it is possible to have multiple OutputFormats apply in the
same mapfile?

So far I have only been able to change the output of the entire mapfile,
but it would be nice to have different formats apply to different
Layers/Groups. So that if only vector layers are being drawn we can use
PC256, but if rasters or a combination of both are called we can use RGB or
RGBA. Is this possible? This would be a nice option because it would keep
the majority of the images produced small, and reserve the features of
RGB/RGBA for the layers that really benefit from them.

Tanya