Symbols and Imagemode RGB/RGBA

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Aug 17 14:58:38 EDT 2004

Lars-Göran Edholm wrote:
> I have problem with symbols in Mapserver 4.
> In Mapserver 3 I'm using IMAGEMODE RGBA with symbol "downwarddiagonalfill".
> In Mapserver 4 I cant get an Transparent fill, I always get a grey
> background which is the same as IMAGECOLOR for the whole map.
> Also I cant change the backgroundcolor of the map, it is always gray.
> I have been testing this with the Itasca demo but I cant get it to work.
> I can get it to work with in my own application in IMAGEMODE PC256 but then
> I cant use colored ortophotos because blue lakes in my waterlayer become
> green. If i have yellow lakes theres no problem.
> Whats the problem in Mapserver 4?

Lars,

It seems I have heard similar reports before, but digging through my bug
list I don't see anything on this problem.  Could you file a bug report
in bugzilla and ensure it is assigned to me?  Also, make sure you include
all the information I need to reproduce the problem.  If it uses the Itasca
dataset(s) you should point me to them.

Thanks,