Problems with Tiff images

Nico Alberti n8 at LANGHIRANO.IT
Thu Aug 19 09:42:09 EDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:03:33 -0400, Ed McNierney <ed at TOPOZONE.COM> wrote:

>Are your raster images TIFF files?  If so, you're not using GDAL at all,
>since both systems are configured with INPUT=TIFF, using the "native"
>TIFF support rather than GDAL.
>
>        - Ed

I try to recompile mapserv against the latest libtiff package again with no
luck. Even the simplest maps fail to display when there is a tiff image
included. The problem is that I have no clue where to check for error
messages. When I was learning mapserver using only shapefiles, I used to run
shp2img just to see where the error was, but now I don't know where to look at.

Can anybody please give me some advice.
Thank you in advance.
--
Ciao