Problems with Tiff images

Nico Alberti n8 at LANGHIRANO.IT
Wed Aug 18 10:42:50 EDT 2004

Ed McNierney wrote:

> Nico -
>
> Are you using TILEINDEX files for your raster images,

Uhm, sorry Ed but I don't know what you are talking about. Guess you are
asking me if the tiff files are georeferenced in any way. I think so,
because in the first server they display themselves well (together with
.tif, I have also .aux and .tfw files.)

and are all the
> paths to the raster images IDENTICAL on the new machine?

Yes. They are mounted in the same point together with other vector
shapes that are displayed just fine. I use an absolute path for
referencing all of them.

> Are your raster images TIFF files?  If so, you're not using GDAL at all,
> since both systems are configured with INPUT=TIFF, using the "native"
> TIFF support rather than GDAL.

libtiff3-devel-3.5.7-11mdk is the same in both machines so it can be a bug.

Almost certainly it is my fault because I probably missed something. I
will recheck again all my setup. Thank you for your help.