GDAL-DSDK4-pursuits

Swaminathan, Gayathri gayathri at OU.EDU
Thu Aug 19 09:58:48 EDT 2004

Hi Mighty List!

Thought should share my GDAL/MrSID-DSDK4.0 VC6 compile procedures with the list just incase if it comes handy to someone.

So, I heard Mr.SID DSDK4.0 is free now...at developer.lizardtech.com and decided to try the GDAL with DSDK4.0 compile for windows.

I got GDAL 1.2.1 and DSDK4.0, did the usual GDAL recommendations and hit make!

It threw the error of not finding a file in the GDAL source directory for which the solution recommended by Brent seems to work fine...

Brent's solution URL: http://xserve.flids.com/pipermail/gdal-dev/2004-August/006776.html

So, after that I had to register the "lti_dsdk_dll.dll" and the newly built "gdal12.dll"

According to Andrey the MrSID driver developer., there is also a major bug fixed regarding  image handling in gdal-cvs...and he recommends using "gdal-cvs" for the build.

Works like a charm if you follow the above steps.

Gayathri