problem with annotation display

K. Lessing umn at KARSTEN-LESSING.DE
Thu Aug 19 14:22:47 EDT 2004

Hi List,

it looks like that I have a problem with my font file - I´m not sure.
I am running MS 4.2.2 on SUSE9.1 with Apache2.
MS is running with freetype Support
Fr labeling some Vectorlayer I downloaded the whole 4.0 tutorial from:
http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/projects/tutorial/
and installed all font files and the font.list file under:
/srv/www/htdocs/fonts/

The sourcecode of the Mapfile:

MAP
  NAME SoSo
  SHAPEPATH "../daten"
  EXTENT 22 -33 30.5 -34
  STATUS ON
  SIZE 670 670
  UNITS kilometers
  FONTSET "/srv/www/htdocs/fonts/fonts.list"

 WEB
  TEMPLATE "../docs/erstes_template.html"
  IMAGEPATH "/srv/www/htdocs/tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
  MAXSCALE 800000
  MINSCALE 10000
 END

 LAYER
    NAME "vegetation"
    DATA "vege"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TYPE polygon
    CLASSITEM "VELD"

    CLASS
      EXPRESSION "Afromontane Forest"
      COLOR 250 45 67
    END
    CLASS
      EXPRESSION "Dry Sandy Highveld Grassland"
      COLOR 25 250 67
    END
    CLASS
      EXPRESSION "Afro Mountain Grassland"
      COLOR 0 230 30
    END

# .... (25 more Classes are following ...)

 END

  LAYER
    NAME "beschriftungen"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    FORCE TRUE
    TYPE ANNOTATION
    DATA "vege"
    CLASSITEM "VELD"
    LABELITEM "Afromontane Forest"
    CLASS
      LABEL
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        FONT "times"
        SIZE 20
        COLOR 10 10 10
        OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
      END
    END
  END

END

The result is following message:
msDBFGetItemIndex(): DBASE file error. Item 'Afromontane Forest' not found.

The funny thing is: Without the ANNOTATION Layer everything works fine -
then all Layers are visible ...
(what might mean that the .dbf file can be read therefore - isn`t it?)

I already:
- chanced in the .dbf file each entry in each each cell up to a max.
length of ten characters
- renamed the file name to fonts.txt
- switched of MAX- and MINSCALE and UNITS off
- and fiddled around a lot with the quotation marks and upper and lower
case ...
..nothing helped so far :(
Does have anybody an an advice for me?

Karsten