I would appreciate any help I can get on getting this map to work...

Reuven Levitt reuven at LEVITT.NET
Fri Aug 20 08:50:32 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the list.
I just started working on a project, and as the first
order of business I need to get mapserver up and
running (which I have done).  However I tried to get
my own thing working (Spend a lot of hours reading),
and I am still having some trouble.

This is actually one of the demos, so it should work,
but by image is coming back blank white.

Here is the map file (reuven.map):

MAP
    NAME REUVEN
    STATUS ON
    IMAGETYPE PNG
    SIZE 800 500
    SHAPEPATH
"E:/Dev/Tools/mapserver/workshop/reuven/data/"
    EXTENT -6086744.000 -2784127 4278894 4485901
    UNITS METERS
    PROJECTION "proj=laea" "lat_0=45" "lon_0=-100"
"ellps=GRS80" "datum=NAD83" END
                WEB
                        IMAGEPATH "E:/Dev/Source/web/workshop/tmp/"
                        IMAGEURL "/workshop/tmp/"
                        TEMPLATE "reuven.html"
                END

                LAYER
                        NAME "lights"
                        TYPE RASTER
                        STATUS ON
                        DATA
"E:/Dev/Tools/mapserver/workshop/reuven/data/nitelti020l.tif"
                END

                LAYER
                        NAME "boundaries"
                        TYPE POLYGON
                        STATUS ON
                        DATA "statesp020"
                        PROJECTION
                                "proj=latlong"
                                "ellps=GRS80"
                                "datum=NAD83"
                        END
                        CLASS
                                NAME "US states"
                                OUTLINECOLOR 50 50 50
                                SYMBOL 0
                        END
                END

END

All of the files are under the following directory:
"E:/Dev/Tools/mapserver/workshop/reuven/data/"
(including: nitelti020l.tif and
statesp020.shp/shx/dbf)

This is the template contents (reuven.html in same
directory as map file):
<input type="image" name="img" src="[img]"
width="[mapwidth]" height="[mapheight]" border="0"
alt="this is the map">

I am calling the server with the following URL:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?&map=E:/Dev/Source/web/workshop/reuven.map

Version information:
MapServer version 4.2.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG
OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF
 OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLI
ENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I am sure the problem is something simple, but I am
just not seeing it.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Sincerely,
Reuven