I would appreciate any help I can get on getting this map to work...

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at UVA.NL
Fri Aug 20 09:41:57 EDT 2004

Reuven Levitt wrote:

> This is actually one of the demos, so it should work,
> but by image is coming back blank white.
>
> MAP
>     NAME REUVEN
>     STATUS ON
>     IMAGETYPE PNG

> I am calling the server with the following URL:
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?&map=E:/Dev/Source/web/workshop/reuven.map

> I am sure the problem is something simple, but I am
> just not seeing it.

It is simple, but everyone has to go through this at least once: STATUS
has to be DEFAULT. STATUS ON means that the layer has to be requested
explicitly in the url (?map=reuven.map&layer=reuven).

Jan