trouble building mapserver on win 2000

Michael Schulz mschulz at WEBGIS.DE
Tue Aug 31 02:30:37 EDT 2004

Hi,

hmm, the win binary from the mapserver site you mention seems to have everything you want. Size of
the executables depends on how supporting libs are linked into, either statically (exe is bigger) or
dynamically (smaller).

Could you provide more information on the actual error? Before using mapserv in apache, try it from
the commandline (mapserv.exe -v). This should raise errors related to library problems / path problems.

Cheers, Michael

Bejot, Jason T NWD02 schrieb:

> My coworker and I are new to the list and we're having a really tough
> time finding what we need to solve our problem.  All we are looking for
> is a mapserv.exe that has Oracle Spatial, SWF, and the regular image
> formats (jpg, gif, png...).  My coworker has already downloaded the one
> available at the mapserver site, however it is only 116k compared to our
> current one that is 2.5M and when she places the files in the oracle
> application server (aka Apache 1.3.something) it doesnt work.  She is
> looking for either a how-to on building mapserver or an already compiled
> one with the stuff that we need.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                 Informationstechnologie mbH
                                      In den Weihermatten 66
                                             79108 Freiburg
                                      0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)