How to get MapServer working with Tomcat/JSP

Sue Bai sue at ACRCORP.COM
Tue Aug 31 12:15:37 EDT 2004

I am new to mapserver and need to make Mapserver works with Tomcat to
serve dynamic map in JSP on Windows XP. I need some help about the setup.
I have follow some online instructions but get confused.

What I have done:
1) download gcc-core(c compile)using cygwin, but don't know how to use it.
2) download a compiled DLL of GD for Windows, version 2.0.8
3) souce code of SWIG, haven't been compiled.

My questions:
1) Do I need to download mapserver source file and compile by myself or
can I use some bineary distribution.

2) Some instructions about compile souce code(e.g. tools, command syntax)
if need

3) After everything was compiled properly, where should I put everything?

Could any give me some instructions or point me to proper documentations.
Thank you very very much. Help is need badly.

Tu