Regular Expressions TEMPLATEPATTERN

Brant Anderson brant at MUDLABS.COM
Tue Aug 31 13:47:28 EDT 2004

I am not too familar with regular expressions. On the Mapserver
documentation page it states that a TEMPLATEPATTERN must be assigned in
order to change templates, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Here is my template pattern statement from my mapfile:
TEMPLATEPATTERN '/mapserver_dev/attrib/pdf_postback.html'
I have also tried:
TEMPLATEPATTERN '*pdf_postback.html'

The layer that I'm switching the template for is 'parcel_poly' so in the
URL I added
'&map_parcel_poly_template=/mapserver_dev/attrib/pdf_postback.html' to
the URL string. But it doesn't work, it's as though it is ignoring that
line, and just uses the TEMPLATE that is assigned in the mapfile.

I want to be able to switch to this template for one of my layers via
CGI. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Brant