Shapefile field problem

Abe Gillespie agillesp at VT.EDU
Thu Dec 2 11:31:36 EST 2004

I certainly will as soon as I have the chance.  I'm working on getting
this project out the door so I don't have much time right now.  I've
encountered "problematic" fields in the past where when MapServer
encounters a problematic field it drops it and any fields after it.
What I have done is just deleted fields that gave me problems and then
the other "good" fields would show up.  I thought it had to do with
NULLs in these fields.  Now one of the problematic fields is one I need
to *use* ... so I can't exactly delete it.  I can attach the files if
so desired.  Is it ok to simply attach files and post to the group?

Are there any tools I can use to check the integrity of a shapefile
(and the shapes / records within said file)?

Thanks.
-Abe