SLD Filter Using Default Mapfile Rendering

John Fletcher jfletcher at LATITUDEGEO.COM
Thu Dec 2 13:29:30 EST 2004

Is there some way to filter the features drawn by Mapserver without
having to send rendering information in the SLD?  Most times that I want
to filter features, the default rendering as set up in the mapfile is
sufficient, yet I am having to duplicate that rendering information
inside my SLD to get the features to show.  I would like to just send a
Filter without any Symbolizer - it's the most tedious for layers with
many different scale or attribute dependent styles.  I can't see
anything in the SLD spec about this, though it's a weighty document and
I may have missed it...

Thanks in advance,

John