Raster layer tif file

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 3 14:12:05 EST 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:03:19 -0600, Dan Liu <dan.liu at state.mn.us> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got this warning randomly after I added a raster layer in the map file.
>
> "msDrawRasterLayerLow(): Attempt to render raster layer that requires
> reprojection but without GDAL available. Image reprojection requires GDAL."
>
> Could anybody tell me what it means?

Dan,

It *should* mean pretty much what it says.  It should mean that your
MapServer isn't built with GDAL input support (ie. configured --with-gdal)
but you have made some sort of request that makes MapServer thing the
input raster needs to be reprojected, or rotated to satisfy the map request.
This is only supported via data read through GDAL in MapServer.

Best regards,