jbox and panning

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 4 10:05:59 EST 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:23:49 -0500, Arnold, Micheal B.
<Micheal.Arnold at nscorp.com> wrote:

> Has anybody ever had a problem like this:
>

> I have implemented image swapping with jBox.  When I try panning, everything
> works fine the first time I move my map.  The second (and subsequent)
> attempts fail.  When I try to pan, the map jumps to what seems like a random
> place.  I am having similar problems trying to zoom in on my map.
>

> It seems like the problem might be with imgxy or imgbox, but I can't figure
> out where the disconnect is.  I am not sure if something needs to be reset
> since I am not re-submitting the page.
>

> Can anybody offer any suggestions?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Mike Arnold
>
> micheal.arnold at nscorp.com

Each time you swap images, you are chaning your map extents. Are you
keeping track of that on the client? When you request a whole new pae,
mapserver calculates the  new map extent and usually you save that in
hidden variables on the page. Then use that extent, combined with
user-input pixels coordinates to request the next map.

However, when you image swap, you need to calculate and keep track of
the map extent on the client side.

Regards,
--
Richard Greenwood