4.4.0 build ok, but 4 python mapscript tests are failing

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Mon Dec 6 09:19:37 EST 2004

On Dec 6, 2004, at 6:47 AM, didier.georgieff wrote:

> Hello Sean,
>
> I just build OK the new MS 4.4.0 on mdk 10.0. I used :
>
> $ ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-httpd=/usr/sbin/httpd2 --with-proj
>    --with-ogr --with-gdal --with-pdf --with-threads --with-gd=/usr
>    --with-jpeg=/usr --with-libiconv=/usr --with-freetype=/usr
>    --with-zlib=/usr --with-png=/usr --with-xpm=usr/X11R6
>
> I have a python 2.3.3 and compiled python mapscript :
>
> $ cp mapscript/python/modern/* mapscript/python/
> $ cd mapscript/python/
> $ python setup.py build
>
> All seems fine.
>
> But when i want to test mapscript, 4 tests are failing (segfault if
> invoqued from mapscript/python/test/cases/, and ERROR if invoqued from
> mapscript/python/)
>
> 4 tests are clonetest.py, imagetest.py, outputformattest.py and
> symboltest.py. I can provide all the detailed report if you need it.
>
> ex:
>
> python tests/cases/imagetest.py -v
> imageObj constructor works ... ok
> imageObj with a filename works ... ERROR
> imageObj with a filename and a driver works ... ERROR
> imageObj with a file stream works ... ERROR
> imageObj with a cStringIO works ... ERROR
> imageObj with a URL stream works ... ERROR
> imageObj with an optional driver works ... ERROR
> image writes data to an open filehandle ... ERROR
> image writes data to a StringIO instance ... ERROR
> test that an image can be saved as a string ... ERROR

> ERROR: imageObj with a filename works
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "tests/cases/imagetest.py", line 95, in testConstructorFilename
>     imgobj = mapscript.imageObj(test_image)
>   File "build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/mapscript.py", line 1182, in __init__
>     if self.thisown: destroy(self)
> TypeError: new_imageObj() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)

> ERROR: imageObj with a filename and a driver works
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "tests/cases/imagetest.py", line 103, in
> testConstructorFilenameDriver
>     imgobj = mapscript.imageObj(test_image)
>   File "build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/mapscript.py", line 1182, in __init__
>     if self.thisown: destroy(self)
> TypeError: new_imageObj() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)
>

> Thanks again for your hard work on python mapscript and your new PCL.
> --
> didier.georgieff <didier.georgieff at agriculture.gouv.fr>
> DIDSIT du Bas-Rhin

Hi Didier,

It looks to me like there may be code compiled from the older,
non-modern, source in build/lib.linux-i686-2.3.  Can you try
to delete the python/build directory and try again?  I am unable
to confirm your problem on my machine, all 228 tests pass.

I'm on #mapserver on irc.freenode.net all day today if you would
like quicker feedback on solving this problem.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies