moving to shared hosting

Jon Saints saintsjd at YAHOO.COM
Tue Dec 7 20:06:23 EST 2004

Thanks for the input from all of you on how best to
run php-mapscript on my shared host.

Re-installing apache, php as cgi, and maintaining my
own sercurity on those packages, however, seems too
dificult and time consuming.  I just noticed that
there is also Python mapscript and It look as if it
installs MUCH MUCH more easily than phpmapscript and
offers simillar functionality.

Is this true? In the long run learning python might be
the simplest way to go. Am i right?

Also, on an unrelated and nerdy note, I just
successfully connected an test app based on mozilla
firefox XUL interface language to mapserver. Zooms
only right now. But it is a proof of concept for Rich
Client Mapserver applications that could offer much
potenial and "speed up" complex mapping applications.

Thanks