Gix 0.3 released

Eduin Carrillo yecarrillo at YAHOO.COM
Sun Dec 12 11:56:34 EST 2004

Thanks for reply.

 --- Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at xs4all.nl> escribió:
> Hi Eduin,
>
> when exporting to MAP file, a lot of the same symbols are generated
> (especially the circle symbol). This seems a bit inefficient. Is there a
> way you could work around this? Could you use more general symbols which
> can be reused by different layers?

This is true specially for outline symbols. It can be easy to use a generic
outline symbol to reduce the number of generated symbols.

> Also for WMS interface it is not good to have layer names (NAME) with
> spaces in them, this results in problems with GetFeatureInfo in GML etc.
> Better is to change all spaces to underscores.

Currently I do not use Mapserver as WMS client, but if spaces cause problems,
It can be removed...

> What do I need to add in my apr project in order to get the projection/SRS
> information extracted by gix? I now have SRS NONE and no PROJ definitions.
> Or is this part not supported?

Gix uses the ArcView name for predefined projections with a known EPSG code. I
limited number of these "alias" has been defined. I live near Ecuator, so do
not use projections frecuently. You can customize this "alias" in the file:
$AVHOME\tools\GixMSTools.ESRIProj for your own projections. Send me a copy of
your modifications for the next version.

> Nice tool btw!
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Thanks again for your comments.