SWIGMapscript: processLegendTemplate throws error

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Mon Dec 13 09:23:37 EST 2004

On Dec 13, 2004, at 6:14 AM, GeoIT wrote:

> Dear experts,
> I used mapObj.processLegendTemplate successfully with mapserver 4.0. =
> Now I
> try to upgrade to version 440 and get the following error using this =
> method:
>
> Java.lang.UnknownError: Can't free NULL table
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> The code is:
>         public String getProcessedLegendTemplate(mapObj mapObject) {
>                 String[] names =3D {"img", "legend", "scalebar", =
> "ref"};
>                 String[] values =3D {"", "", "", ""};
>                 int numItems =3D 4;
>                 return mapObject.processLegendTemplate(names,
> values,numItems);
>         }
>

> regards
> Andreas Paukner-Ruzicka

Andreas,

I am very surprised that you could call processLegendTemplate
with MapServer 4.0.  It was my understanding that Java mapscript
was broken at that time.

Please enter a report into the MapServer Bugzilla under the
SWIG mapscript component and I will investigate and try to fix
it before the next release.

cheers,
Sean

--