SWIGMapscript: processLegendTemplate throws error

Umberto Nicoletti unicoletti at PROMETEO.IT
Mon Dec 13 12:08:33 EST 2004

Sean,
the problem is in maphash.c around line 126. There you can see that
mapserver sets an error because the user tried to free an already null
hashTable and this causes Java mapscript to bail out with an exception,
while in earlier versions the error was ignored.

This is a consequence of my patch for handling mapserver errors as
exceptions in java mapscript. In fact I have faced a similar error while
trying to produce pdf output from Java mapscript. The same map file was
working fine with shp2pdf because shp2pdf was just ignoring the error.
I believe that my patch, while trying to prevent the java virtual
machine from crashing altogether, ends up throwing exceptions when
instead it is dealing with a warning (even tough it is an error in
mapserver terms).
What we need is probably some fine tuning for situations like this...

Apologies to Andreas if this is not helping you, but I am just trying to
generalize your problem so that we can work out a (hopefully) better
solution.

Please let me know what you think about this,
Umberto

--
Umberto Nicoletti <unicoletti at prometeo.it>
Prometeo SRL