Mapserver problems

James Anderson james at DANISAT.NET
Mon Dec 13 10:09:20 EST 2004

Hi,

After Upgrading from Mapserver 4.2.5

MapServer version 4.2.5 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

To Mapserver 4.4.0
MapServer version 4.4.0 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I am having problems with symbols and transparency.
I have been using transparent png files.  Since the upgrade the transparent part of the symbols comes out all black.  This makes my map look rather nasty.

Does anyone have any idea whats changed in the newer mapserver version that might cause this ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

James Anderson.