Mapserver problems

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Mon Dec 13 10:57:50 EST 2004

On Dec 13, 2004, at 8:09 AM, James Anderson wrote:

> ------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C4E136.7C4F1E60
>

> Hi,
>
> After Upgrading from Mapserver 4.2.5
>
> MapServer version 4.2.5 OUTPUT=3DPNG OUTPUT=3DJPEG OUTPUT=3DWBMP =
> SUPPORTS=3DPROJ SUPPORTS=3DFREETYPE SUPPORTS=3DWMS_SERVER
> INPUT=3DEPPL7 =
> INPUT=3DOGR INPUT=3DGDAL INPUT=3DSHAPEFILE
>

> To Mapserver 4.4.0
> MapServer version 4.4.0 OUTPUT=3DPNG OUTPUT=3DJPEG OUTPUT=3DWBMP =
> SUPPORTS=3DPROJ SUPPORTS=3DFREETYPE SUPPORTS=3DWMS_SERVER
> INPUT=3DEPPL7 =
> INPUT=3DOGR INPUT=3DGDAL INPUT=3DSHAPEFILE
>
> I am having problems with symbols and transparency.
> I have been using transparent png files.  Since the upgrade the =
> transparent part of the symbols comes out all black.  This makes my
> map =
> look rather nasty.
>
> Does anyone have any idea whats changed in the newer mapserver version
> =
> that might cause this ?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James Anderson.

James,

You omitted what is probably the most important information we
need ... what output format are you using?  Do you define
transparency for the output?

In many cases where a user reports that they have different
results between versions, it turns out that the user has changed
their *usage* between versions.  I'm not discounting your problem,
just want to make sure that you've absolutely ruled out that cause.

Sean

--
Sean Gillies
sgillies at frii dot com