TOLERANCEUNITS problem

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 14 15:08:05 EST 2004

Hi List,

I have a problem querying with mapserver 4.2 CGI. The problem did not exist
in 3.6.

To query a point, I must have the 'TOLERANCE' set in my layer despite the
documentation declaring that there is a default value of 3 pixels. I recall
mapserver 3.6 using the default value correctly without having to place the
tolerance in the layer.

The 'TOLERANCEUNITS' setting is having no effect at all, acting as if it is
permanently set to kilometers ... no matter for my overview scale map, but
a real pain for my local zoomed in maps.

The problem seems to happen with points, lines or polygons.

Any suggestions? Has this been noticed and fixed in 4.4?

Thanks,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC