Using Attributes

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Tue Dec 14 18:46:17 EST 2004

All,

I have a SHP file with a "COLOR" column in it with a RGB value (255 255
255).

How do I use this in the MAPFILE as a COLOR value?

I've been looking on and off all day in the Wiki, I've come to the
conclusion that I'm not using the correct Search term.  Does anyone have
an example of how to use the column attribute value as the color value
in the MAPFILE?

LAYER
  NAME 'cities'
  DATA '<path to data>'
  STATUS DEFAULT
  CLASSITEM 'MUNI_NAME'
  CLASS
    OUTLINECOLOR 207 50 150
    COLOR '<value of muni_name column above>'
    SIZE 2
    SYMBOL 'circle'
  END
END

I think I'm having a brain freeze or something . . . . . mutter, mutter
. . . .

bobb