Error while executing mapserv on Tomcat

saurin shah saurin782 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 15 17:47:28 EST 2004

Hi Mapserver users,

I have configured Tomcat to run CGI and it runs fine..
I have also configured mapsever on it.

Now, if I try to run mapserv on the server, it gives the following error.

INFO: cgi: runCGI (stderr):Unrecognized character \x7F at
/usr/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4/webapps/ROOT/test-cgi/mapserv.cgi line 1.

I think the problem is :

Tomcat is treating mapserv as a script and trying to execute it
instead of treating it as a binary executable. I get the exact same
error when i ran
[sshah at rmedc test-cgi]$ perl mapserv
Unrecognized character \x7F at mapserv line 1.

Is it possible to run mapserv ( a CGI binary executable ) on Tomcat ?
Could you please post your suggestions.

Thanks,
Regards,

Saurin.