Does the 4.4.0 windows binary really support SWF?

Frans Knibbe frans at GEODAN.NL
Thu Dec 16 11:49:21 EST 2004

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the binary Windows distribution, version
4.4.0. In the description on the website, it says the binaries are build
with SWF support. When I do a request for capabilities, SWF is mentioned
in a comment in the output XML file, but does not show up as a supported
GetMap output format. Indeed, when I request a map in SWF format,
the following error is returned:
msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): Image handling error. Unsupported output format
(application/x-shockwave-flash).

Am I doing something wrong or is the text accompanying the binaries wrong?

Greetings,

Frans