crosshatch

John Bolster jb at NUCOMP.COM
Fri Dec 17 08:36:18 EST 2004

Thank you. The howto looks like it would be a great reference if translated.

I've made progress but am still having a problem. My layer includes this:
        CLASS
        COLOR 204 102 0
        SIZE 80
        SYMBOL "xhatch"
      END

The symbol is defined as this:
    SYMBOL
        NAME 'xhatch'
        TYPE vector
        FILLED true
        Type VECTOR
        Points
                3 0
                15 12
                15 15
                0 0
                3 0
                -1 -1
                0 12
                3 15
                0 15
                0 12
        END
    END

To show what I'm getting I've put screen shots in a Word document which is
attached. If there is another way I should show the list my results please
tell me. The upper picture is what I think the vector points define
(assuming the origin is top left, which isn't specified anywhere I could
find). The lower picture is how it looks when super enlarged so I can see
what's going on.

Any ideas why this isn't working how I expected the vectors to render?

Thanks again,
John