php dso and the mapserv cgi

Ken-ichi kueda at WSO.WILLIAMS.EDU
Fri Dec 17 14:18:00 EST 2004

Hi all.  I tried compiling MapServer against PHP 4.3.10 compiled as an
Apache DSO, given recent messages on this list suggesting this was now
possible.  PHP MapScript seems to work fine, but the mapserv cgi just
gives 500 errors, and the error log says "Premature end of script
headers: mapserv".  I've tried adding lines to httpd.conf specifying the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to all relevant directories, and updating my environment
variables (env-update, as I'm on Gentoo), but with no luck.  Any idea
what's going on?  I don't understand why the mapserv cgi even cares how
php is running.  It's not even using php!

Oh, and here are my configure statements, if it helps:

APACHE
./configure  \
    --with-openssl \
    --with-zlib \
    --with-dbase \
    --with-dbx \
    --with-gd=/usr \
    --with-jpeg-dir=/usr \
    --with-png-dir=/usr \
    --with-zlib-dir=/usr \
    --with-freetype-dir=/usr \
    --with-mcrypt \
    --with-pdflib=/usr \
    --with-pgsql \
    --with-pspell \
    --with-pear \
    --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs \
    --enable-force-cgi-redirect \
    --enable-discard-path \
    --with-regex=system

MAPSERVER
./configure
    --with-gd=/usr \
    --with-freetype=/usr \
    --with-zlib=/usr \
    --with-png=/usr \
    --with-jpeg=/usr \
    --with-pdf=/usr \
    --with-proj=/usr \
    --with-ogr=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config \
    --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config \
    --with-postgis=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config \
    --with-wfs \
    --with-wmsclient \
    --with-wfsclient \
    --with-curl-config=/usr/bin/curl-config \
    --with-httpd=/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd \
    --with-php=/usr/local/src/php-4.3.10 \
    --without-tiff

-Ken-ichi