Request for MapScript Examples

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at SHAW.CA
Fri Dec 24 00:27:48 EST 2004

I'm collecting MapScript 'recipes' for an upcoming book to published by
O'Reilly.  I will be using them as examples or tutorials for new MapServer
application developers.  If you have a favourite project that you'd be
willing to share, I'd love to hear from you.  Or if you have any special
applications that would be appealing to other new developers or MapScript
hackers, that'd be great too.  I'd also be interested in examples that show
the power of MapScript in as few lines as possible (much easier to put in a
book!).

What I'd need from you:
-Your name for credit purposes
-A URL to your application or the contents zipped in an email to me (off list
please)
-An explanation of any dependencies your app. may have
-As complete a dataset as possible if required
-Your permission use and include the application and datasets in the book or
in downloadable files to support the book.

The book is due out Summer 2005.  It is not all MapServer, but will has Open
Source GIS as its focus including: OpenEV, GDAL/OGR, PostGIS and MapServer.

Have a blessed Christmas.

Tyler