performance problem

joerg pfeiffer superbla3000 at GMX.NET
Mon Dec 27 11:57:44 EST 2004

hello,

I have a 4000 point track in mysql. I build my trackline with

$TrackLayerObj = $this->map->getLayerByName('gpstrack');
$pointObj = ms_newPointObj();
$line = ms_newLineObj();

for($i=0;$i<count($pointlist);$i++){
         $lat=$pointlist[$i][0];
         $long=$pointlist[$i][1];
         $pointObj->setXY($long,$lat);
         $line->add($pointObj);
         $shp = ms_newShapeObj(MS_SHAPE_LINE);
         $shp->add($line);
         if($TrackLayerObj->addFeature($shp) == -1){
                 echo  "addFeature in lineLayer failed";
         }
}

If I choose just a few trackpoints, it's no problem. But when I want to
show all 4000, linux 'top' shows php-cgi running and running and then I
get a blank browser site, due to timeout I guess.

Are 4000 points too much?
Any ideas?

Joerg