curl win32 compilation

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Wed Dec 29 06:25:53 EST 2004

Hi list,

I have just finished compiling curl on win32 in order to enable Mapserver
as a WMS client, and I thought my notes might be helpful to people as this
is not part of the general Win32 compilation HOWTO.

What I did is use the MSVC version of curl available for download from the
curl site, I did not try to compile curl myself. Here are my instructions:

Added WMS client support:
-------------------------
Downloaded Curl from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

Win32 - MSVC version, but it misses curlver.h, so also downloaded:

curl-7.12.2.zip.

And copied curlver.h to C:\projects\curl-7.12.2\include\curl\curlver.h

Moved libcurl.lib to C:\projects\curl-7.12.2\lib

Error encountered:

   Creating library mapserver_i.lib and object mapserver_i.exp
maphttp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__select at 20
libmap.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

This was because I did not uncomment and configure the path to the following:

WINSOCK_LIB = "d:\program files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib\WSOCK32.LIB"

Copied libcurl.dll to the mapserv.exe directory, but now it is missing
zlibwapi.dll.

After a search I found this dll at:

http://www.winimage.com/zLibDll/

and more specific: