curl win32 compilation

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Wed Dec 29 11:15:14 EST 2004

Hi list,

I had some problems with this compile (mapserv occassionally crashing
because of an unhandled exception, internal server error) when requesting
for more than one layer in the WMS client.

So I tried a different approach compiling the curl-7.12.3 from source,
through the following commands:

C:\projects\curl-7.12.3\lib>nmake /f makefile.vc6 CFG=release
C:\projects\curl-7.12.3\lib>nmake /f makefile.vc6 CFG=release-dll

and changing nmake.opt of mapserv to also use libcurl_imp.lib:

CURL_LIB = $(CURL_DIR)/lib/libcurl.lib $(CURL_DIR)/lib/libcurl_imp.lib

But I still get the occassional crashing behaviour.

Is Mapserver not "compatible" with this version of libcurl, or am I doing
something wrong?

Best regards,
Bart