[Mapserver-users] New to Mapping and Mapserver

Zak James zak-ms at hoppsan.org
Sun Feb 1 22:54:12 EST 2004

Howard,

I suggest you experiment by modifying the mapfile from the tutorial.

If your shapefiles are present in a directory indicated by the
SHAPEPATH in your mapfile, you can reference them in a LAYER with a
line like DATA "mhlt".

Some good places to look for basic information are the mapfile
reference:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc/mapfile-reference.html

and the wiki:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl