[Mapserver-users] ANN: MapScript for Ruby

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Feb 2 15:22:20 EST 2004

A good idea, I've forwarded to the folks at the UMN in case they missed
it. The ruby mods to the swig interface file should probably just be
added to the development version. I can't think of a reason why not,
although I've not looked at the changes...

Steve

Pirmin Kalberer wrote:
> A Ruby binding for Mapscript is available at:
> http://www.sourcepole.com/mapdesk/index.xml#mapscript
>
> The package contains some simple examples and a patch of the
> mapscript.i file.
> Building and installing:
> -Unpack the tgz into the mapscript directory
> -patch <mapscript.i.patch
> -ruby extconf.rb
> -make
> -su
> -make install
>
> Regards,
>
> Pirmin Kalberer
> Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
> http://www.sourcepole.com

*Very* interesting. This site has also a bootable GIS CD, based on
Knoppix, and a Delphi/Kylix interface for MapServer. Wouldn't it be a
good idea to put these three links on the "contributed software" page?

Jan