[Mapserver-users] Querying on multiple fields

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Feb 4 17:13:16 EST 2004

You shouldn't need qitem in either system, so it must not be being
initialized properly someplace. I checked the source and it looks like
doing an strdup on a NULL value must be the culprit on some platforms. I
just checked a fix into the development tree.

Steve

>>> Roger Boily <boily at bsw.org> 2/4/2004 2:33:06 AM >>>
Hi to all,
after hundred of tests, I've found the hic..
When using the qstring argument in the format <'[FIELD]'=value>, on
MapServer running on Windows,
you do not need to add the qitem argument (as read somewhere...), but
you need it on a Linux machine....
So the failing link will become:
http://213.45.107.14/cgi-bin/mapserv?&map=/var/www/html/sittel/procida/urbis.map&layer=fogli&mapext=shapes&mode=itemnquery&qlayer=fogli&qitem=FOGLIO_N&qstring=('[FOGLIO_N]'%20IN%20'10')

Thanks to all
Roger

Roger Boily wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
> Thanks for answering. Yes, I've escaped the spaces with %20 and tried

> to escape ' with %27 too.
> No way to make it run. I had it working for one year with MapServer
> 3.6 (both Linux and Win) and it works
> fine also with the qstring modifications on MapServer 4.0 for
Windows,

http://213.45.107.14/cgi-bin/mapserv?&map=/var/www/html/sittel/procida/urbis.map&layer=fogli&mapext=shapes&mode=itemnquery&qlayer=fogli&qitem=FOGLIO_N&qstring=10

http://213.45.107.14/cgi-bin/mapserv?&map=/var/www/html/sittel/procida/urbis.map&layer=fogli&mapext=shapes&mode=itemnquery&qlayer=fogli&qstring=([FOGLIO_N]'%20IN%20'10')
> [...]
>   TEMPLATE header_1024.html
>   IMAGEPATH '/var/www/html/tmp/'
>   IMAGEURL '/tmp/'
>   MINSCALE 100
> END  #WEB
>
> QUERYMAP
>   STATUS ON
>   STYLE HILITE
>   COLOR 255 255 0  # highlight color is yellow
> END
>
> ###### LAYER C A T A S T O ###########
> LAYER
>   NAME 'catasto'
>   TYPE Polygon
>   STATUS ON
>   DATA 'lotti'
> #  TEMPLATE index_basso.phtml
>   LABELITEM 'PART_N'
>   MAXSCALE 25000
>   CLASS
>     Name 'catasto'
>     LABEL
>       TYPE TRUETYPE
>       FONT time
>       BUFFER 3
>       COLOR 255 0 0
>       POSITION CC
>       SIZE 8
>     END
>     OUTLINECOLOR 100 255 000
>   END  # CLASS
> END  # LAYER
>
> ######  LAYER   F O G L I  ########
> LAYER
>   NAME "fogli"
>   TYPE Polygon
>   STATUS ON
>   DATA "fogli"
>   LABELITEM 'FOGLIO_N'
>   TEMPLATE header_1024.html
>   CLASS
>     Name 'foglio'
>     TEXT (Foglio [FOGLIO_N])
>     LABEL
>       TYPE TRUETYPE
>       FONT time
>       BUFFER 1
>       COLOR 0 0 0
>       POSITION auto
>       SIZE 10
>     END
>     OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
>   END  # CLASS
> END  # LAYER fogli
>
> END
> ----------------------------------
> End of map file
> ----------------------------------
>
> Steve Lime wrote:
>
>>Are you escaping the value ('[PART_N]' IN '556,557' AND '[ID_N]' IN
>>'24') properly? Spaces aren't allowed and should be replaced with
either
>>a + or a %20. We should still track down the source of the error
though,
>>error 500's are never good.
>>
>>Steve
>>

>>Stephen Lime
>>Data & Applications Manager
>>
>>Minnesota DNR
>>500 Lafayette Road
>>St. Paul, MN 55155
>>651-297-2937

>>Hi,
>>
>>On a cgi url I've tried to query on multiple fields with this:
>>NB: for easy reading space and " are normals but I used %20(space)
and