[Mapserver-users] Point display question

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Feb 4 22:36:29 EST 2004

At the moment you can't rotate symbols. You can rotate labels though so
you could use a symbol ttf file for "symbols" and then use the
LABELANGLEITEM property to rotate things feature-by-feature. I know
folks are doing this with weather symbols like wind barbs and it works
great.

Steve

>>> Amit S BEHERE <abehere at cs.ucsd.edu> 02/04/04 7:08 PM >>>
Hi all,

I have a mapfile that shows points on a map using a symbol. The points
are
in a shapfile which among other things has a field for the rotation
angle
for the symbol (i.e the dbf database associated with the shapefile has a
column for rotation angle). Is there a way by which I could display the
symbol rotated at the angle given in the table.

Here is my layer definition:

LAYER
NAME "sewerstructures"
TITLEINDEX vernon_global_index
TITLEITEM FILES
CLASSITEM "Style"
DATA "sewerstructures"
STATUS ON
TYPE POINT
MAXSCALE 32000
MINSCALE 1

CLASS
EXPRESSION ('[STYLE]' eq 'Manhole-Vernon')
COLOR 0 0 0
OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
size 9
symbol 1
END
END

Amit Behere.
UCSD.
"Technology doesn't make your life more difficult or easy, it just
changes
the rules"......Vishwanathan Anand