[Mapserver-users] pgojection & swf & multiple character set support question

Litao Wei wlt008 at sina.com
Thu Feb 5 22:25:11 EST 2004

Dear Sir,

When I tried to finish the totutial, I have met some problems:

1. example that use PROJECTION didn't work well on my winxp box, and the screen showed:
    msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno: 2

2.When using swf format for output I would received an error on my browser:

3.Could mapserver support other chacter set for output(i.e. the label)? I am a chinese user, I hope to show the lebel on map by chinese, not by english word. When I try this, I would receive many strange character on browser.(I both try to use chinese fonts or westen fonts for the font attribute). I have heard the GD module can show correctly. So I think mapserver can show also, right? And what to do?

I use windows xp and the mapserver I downloaded is the newest binary version of windows playform.

Good Luck.

Litao Wei